Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Montana....
I have a program for Military Veterans that I call "Plan Bee".... I know, not real creative, but it works considering "Plan A" was a walk I made across our Country to raise awareness to the high suicide rate within our Veteran ranks and raise $$$ to support programs that could help them. At the time I didn't think that I could directly provide assistance to a Veteran in need. That was until I read a thread here on BeeSource a year or so ago...
A young man posted a story about how his Dad had started a program to help Veterans in Minnesota using honey bees... Having raised bees for 14 years now and having taught in a community college for 18 years, I figured here's a more direct way to help...
Anyway, my question is: Has anyone come up with, seen or used a disclaimer acknowledging the hazards of working with bees, when offering classes or workshops? I just hate reinventing wheels....
Thank you for any thoughts that you all might have!
~Semper Fi~
The Walker
www.WalkingForTheFallen.com

·
Registered
572 Posts
I took a beekeeping class thru Humboldt State UNIVERSITY in California. We all had to sign a release in order to go into the bee yard. Instructor is Dick Laforge. Try contacting him. He might be able to email you a copy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a beekeeping class thru Humboldt State UNIVERSITY in California. We all had to sign a release in order to go into the bee yard. Instructor is Dick Laforge. Try contacting him. He might be able to email you a copy.
Thanks for the tip! I'll look him up on the University's faculty roster... I'm sure that they must have one....
The disclaimer isn't for me.... Although, maybe it should be too! But mainly just to warn the applicants of what they are about to get involved in....
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts