Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a old church on top of a 28' Ladder I findly found them. The complaint started with bees in the church. on top of a stain glass window. That they block in with foam with a choir loft in the middle. I at first never found there entrance by watching. Started by removing some bad old gutter and was going to remove some face trim. thinking they where under the roof line all that trim wanted to do was break up so.I end up finding the attic through the bell tower and check nothing hang from the roof joist. Then I moved to the floor on the choir floor seeing I could only see one way. undid 5 pews pulled the carpet back and pulled up 3 boards No bees. Finely I got out my hammer drill and started drilling around one brick. second hole I findly got bees after removing 6 or 7 brick I got most of the honey out and comb about thirty lb of honey. Monday I go back and put the brick and gutter back up. I got a hardball to small softball amount of bees box up. I am hoping that the little bite of honey is cleaned up by the some other bees.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
964 Posts
sounds like a real tough one.

Glad you got the out and put up.

Need pics though:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you sure you got all the bees? I would think a hive with #30 lbs of honey would have a lot more bees ( maybe a gallon size container of bees).

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a lot of dead ones from over winter. they had sealed up the exterior opening. I kindadd left it open for a few day to see what was going onand the hope that some other bees would clean up what was left. but I don't have high hopes for that. I plan on putting back the brick and gutter monday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts