Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a ranch I have bees on these days. The small plant is the Blue Curls, listed by Richter as the best fall honey plant in California. The hills are turning green with it right now. Looks real dry but the hills are thick with the plants.

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy136/bzzztom/Desert Beekeeping/IMG_0218.jpg
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy136/bzzztom/Desert Beekeeping/IMG_0220.jpg
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy136/bzzztom/Desert Beekeeping/IMG_0219.jpg

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Ca is such an aggravating state.... but it is so beautiful that all is forgiven, sort of like some women I have known - or wish I knew.

I wish we had some yards like that, seems like we are always back in the swamp.

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
What's wrong about NC?

North Carolina National Parks
Appalachian National Scenic Trail
Blue Ridge Parkway
Cape Hatteras National Seashore
Cape Lookout National Seashore
Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
Fort Raleigh National Historic Site
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Guilford Courthouse National Military Park
Moores Creek National Battlefield
Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail
Trail Of Tears National Historic Trail
Wright Brothers National Memorial

Ernie

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
What's wrong about NC?

Ernie
No deserts... yup - a few deserts and we would be the perfect state! Just something about deserts that have always amazed me... so much hidden life there.... guess its because I have so little experience around them. A volcano or two somewhere near by would not be bad either - come to think of it SC may already have a few (politicos - <grin>)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elwood, if I knew I wouldn't tell. I have 2nd edition Hive & Honeybee, numerous subsequent old editions, old ABJs, etc., but have never found a copy of Honey Plants of California, M.C. Richter, pub I think 1926. If you find one for sale let me know! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Elwood, if I knew I wouldn't tell. I have 2nd edition Hive & Honeybee, numerous subsequent old editions, old ABJs, etc., but have never found a copy of Honey Plants of California, M.C. Richter, pub I think 1926. If you find one for sale let me know! :)
I have a copy. I'll mention it for you in my will. You should only have wait another 30 or 40 years. I also have a pickup load of old ABJs and Gleanings, you want those also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tom, I just checked Abes Books You can get a copy right now. No need to wait. It's an on demand reprint , but the info is there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, Elwood that would be real nice of you.

Make any sage? How is the buckwheat?

Maybe a little sage, I'm not really sure, I'm still looking for the blooms on the sage. We have some bottle brush and mustard right now. Whatever it is their makin, it's coming in water white. The buckwheat is just getting started here.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts