Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few supers off and extracted a couple of days ago - very early in this part of the country. The honey is almost water white and extra sweet - but DENSE. Refractometer read 15 - 16% and the air bubbles are not rising much at all - is there such a thing as too dry honey??

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Stays on your peanut butter sammich better that way :)

Had some checking in at 14% a couple of years ago. Kind of a pain pouring but good none the less. Nothing to worry about, enjoy.......

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
I still have a little bit of that golden tar. :D Tends to tear up the toast so I use it in my oatmeal. Tastes great!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Suggest that you check the calibration of that refractometer. If the honey is a dense as you say then it is likely 14% or lower. 16% is very pourable at room temp.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Sure, like too much fun, or a car too fast, honey too thick and rich! Are you kidding me? I would be happy to eliminate your problem. Do you need my shipping address? I won't even charge you to take it off your hands. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Check yer email sometime boss man. Sent you a BBQ recipe you can try some of that stuff in. :) Best I've had in a while!

I just finished the last bit I had. :( Sure would like to get some more of that stuff or similar at least....

·
Registered
172 Posts
You should enjoy it :) It sounds reallyg ood to me.

Stays on your peanut butter sammich better that way :)

I'm with you on that. I use the honey that crystallized in its bottle, or the raw honey that sets up right away on my sammiches so they don't make a mess in their container before i eat them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. An old time local tells me it's black locust. I intend to do all the culinary things everyone has suggested.
Ain't this a great forum?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts