Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bees are filling up the deeps and the mediums with necter and pollen, how can I get them to free up laying space? I have a ton of honey deeps from dead outs from the weekend and I really do not want to pull more honey deep frames. I am certain that I will miss a QC and they will be in the trees eventually. Checking them on a 10 to 12 day schedule.

·
Registered
463 Posts
not sure I understand what you have going on, my two cents from the interpretation would be inserting an empty frame or two from dead outs into the brood nest usually gives some laying space. You could go double deeps with the dead out frames...from my experience however, once a hive commits to filling the nest with pollen/nectar rather than a nice mix of brood/pollen/honey than there is problem either a bad queen, or swarm prep...my observation is they won't over do the pollen if they have no queen

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I think it is time to find the queen and take her and about three frames of brood and let them raise a new queen and super up for a honey crop. See mdasplitter.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts