Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assembly my frames and put them in the deep boxs and I butt them together and there is a space about a half a frame on one side do I need to split the space so it would be equal on each sides?

thanks
allan

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes. That's pretty common. Just center them as best as you can.

·
Registered
887 Posts
sounds like 8 frame equipment maybe? all of my 8 frame stuff looks like they have enough room for another frame. I just push them tight and keep them in the middle and haven't had any problem yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been pushing them all the way to the side away from where I stand. Just seemed easier because it left the gap on my side when working with the last one. They haven't done anything crazy with the open space so far, but is there a reason to push them together and center them instead of pushing them to one side? I actually like the idea of shaving and putting 11 in the brood.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah, the extra space is mostly there (in my totally unfounded opinion) to give you some extra wiggle room to slide frames around so you can get a hold of the things to pull them out easily. It would be quite difficult to just pull out a middle frame without moving things first if you had no choice but to try and pry your fingers into the tiny little cracks left by fully butted frames.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts