Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While scrolling through search results on E- bay, looking for something else, I came across this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2oz-dried-d...114482?hash=item4b0701ef32:g:nxwAAOSw~bFWMkXL

From Bulgaria. apparently seller suggests you use these to make an oil, or cook & eat them, & a variety of other uses.
"Frequently used forms:
decoctions, infusions, extracts of alcohol, liniments, salves, steamed, mead composition, fried, ash from burnt bees or powder form."
Same seller also offers propolis, beeswax, pollen, and other seed type items.
My congratulations to the seller on developing another market for a hive product, but ummm, any body else doing this? recipes, success stories? Horror stories?
Good Luck with your bees ..... CE

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
And every year or so somebody posts here asking to buy dead bees to use as materials in some kind of art project. Usually they are asking because they want to highlight the "perils of the poor honeybees." Or so they say.

Enj.

·
Registered
20 Posts
...My congratulations to the seller on developing another market for a hive product, but ummm, any body else doing this? recipes, success stories? Horror stories?
..... CE
I made ointment from "podmor" (dead bees) from wax, olive oil and podmor. It smels not fine but looks it helps. I gave it to my mother when she suffered from neuralgic pain in the leg and it helped.
Some say podmor helps for man's health. I'm not tried, since it's a tough trial - to eat or to drink tincture but really there are too many good comments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts