Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here a picture of the weaker hive's comb from Monday, I peeked in again today they have enlarged this comb and have a small 1x2" comb started on the next bar forward. I'm going to look for the queens or evidence that they are laying this weekend and ill see if I can get some more pictures if my niece is available to take some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
By and large, I would kindly suggest: "Don't 'peek!'" Not, at least, for another month!"

During the next 30-45 days or so, your colony is completely subsisting upon the strength of the (dutifully aging ...) worker-bees who were dumped into the box with it. It will continue to do so until the first crop of brood starts to come in, at which point (but not until ...!) its numbers will rather rapidly begin to increase. Until that moment comes, the hive is vulnerable.

Therefore ... restrain your natural curiosity, and trust the bees. Observe them every day from the outside, so as to be aware of any (unlikely) abrupt changes of behavior. Otherwise, leave them studiously alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts