Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just went to check the late Dave Cushman's site and it does not come up other than an error message. I had been thinking to myself to print out some of the articles in case the site ever went down but of course I never got around to it. The site was a wealth of information written with a unique style. I hope its not gone for good.

Can anyone see it--I can Google Cache it but thats about it.

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
It fails for me too. The domain registration is paid up through 31-oct-2014 so domain registration is not an issue, but perhaps the site host is having a technical issue.

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
Interesting, the working link that Joseph provided indicates that the site has been superseded:) by a new site, but that new version is the dead one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the offline site from the original version if anyone interested. It's always a good idea to save all these important resources. You never know then they go. I use wget.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used archive.org to find it then downloaded the whole thing using a free program called HTTrack.
I used HTTrack a few weeks ago - the whole site is only about 67 mb so you can download quickly and never have to worry again. Cushman waived all rights for non-commercial use so I would encourage others to do the same, too valuable a resource to lose....

·
Registered
426 Posts
How did you search for it on archive.org? I went there with no luck in search. :-(

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok NM I found it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dave Cushnan's site is now managed and resourced by a chap named Roger Patterson, Dave asked him to take it on. - it is still down, but I'm sure it WIL be back up.

In the meantime, you can go here ( http://poly-hive.co.uk/recourses/beginner-resources/ ) to an alternative site that has attempted to mirror at least some of the content of the original Dave Cushman site, it's in a different format but still useful.

Rgards
sipa

www.honeybeenucs.co.uk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts