Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a peak and they aren't going in an out of the hive anymore. They are clustered underneath the swarm catcher/hive.
beeswarm5182014.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's small. It's all of it as far as I can tell. Before sundown bees were going in and out of this box. Now the sun has gone down and I find this cluster.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If that is not a five frame box, I would get them in a five frame box with either a frame of open brood and some nectar from another hive, or at least a frame of nectar from another hive....that swarm is way too small for a regular hive body and I doubt they are carrying enough honey to survive on their own being so small!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we just got them into the box. It's an 8 frame box, but that's all we have at the moment. It has 4 frames of built out old comb, a couple of new frames and a feeder. That's all we can do now in the pitch dark. Tomorrow, if they are still there, we'll pull a frame of honey from a hive.
I'm glad we suited up. I'd heard that swarms were mellow but these bees were pissed!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Good luck Tabby. and how did you attatch that picture if you dont mind me asking, I cant seem to get one to go thru.:scratch:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck Tabby. and how did you attatch that picture if you dont mind me asking, I cant seem to get one to go thru.:scratch:
I use the insert image tool at the top of the post, but I have to use the basic uploader option since the regular option won't do anything. I also shrink my image down a bit since really large images won't go through.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I use the insert image tool at the top of the post, but I have to use the basic uploader option since the regular option won't do anything. I also shrink my image down a bit since really large images won't go through.
I know this is a stupid question, but Im not much on the computer.... how do you shrink your images? Ane, have the little swarm cooled off today?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shrink my images using Photoshop, but there are many cheaper, or free, ways to shrink images.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts