Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I overheard a newbee ask a old time beekeeper how to prevent getting stung on the top of the hands when working hives barehanded. The old timer told him to apply vaseline on the top of your hands that it would make the top of your hands so slippery that the bees couldn't get a grip to sting. After the newbee thanked him and left I thought I would bust a gut laughing.:lpf: The old timer chuckled and said at least the top of his hands will be smooth as a baby's behind. This old timer and I have told this guy and others over and over that to prevent stings you have to move slowly and carefully and you have to get used to getting stung, itis part of being a beekeeper. He also (and I too ) have told them that the more you get stung the less it bothers you. But this guy is notorious for asking the same questions over and over and over.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always saves time if you give the answer they want to hear the first time they ask.

Wayne
YEAH Wayne, this guy thought he got a secret tip. Wait until the bees that do land on his hand can't get off because they are stuck by the vaseline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts