Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wedge Top Bar frames from Dadant arrived and I have opened the boxes to begin the assembly process. As I opened the box, I identified the end pieces or bars and the bottom bar with the grove.

I closely examined the Top Bar and found what looks like a wedge piece but it was not completely sawed all the way through. There is a very fine line of wood connecting it to the bar.

How do I go about disconnecting this wedge piece. It looks like I may have to finish the cut and I have no idea how to do that without just destroying the top bar.

I know there has to be a simple solution, I just cannot fathom it right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
That's how the come. I push down and towards the center cut. You will hear a pop. snap it out. Probably an easier way but that is how I do it. I have it down and can do it very quickly.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I take my poket knife an trim as close to the top bar as possible after I removed the wedge. When I place the foundation in the proper position I Then turn the wedge upside down and place my hand stapler against the remaing little lip of wood, pushing which forces the wedge to apply pressure to the foundation. I then pull trigger on stapler which secures the wedge nice and tight against the foundation. Hope that's clear. Try a few and you'll learn.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Use a pocket knife, utility knife, or hive tool to pop it out. I usually use the hive tool, then turn tool over, and use it to scrape the wood scrap off the top bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts