Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a 20 frame extractor. I have all Maxant equipment but they indicate they are 8-10 weeks out for delivery. Does anyone have experience with the Dandant 20 frame? One of the issues I have with the Maxant is that it would be very difficult to take apart and clean at the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have a Dadant 20. It has done very well for me. Other than replacing the fuse (2 bucks at the hardware store) I haven't had issues in the 12 years I have had it. They are bigger than a Maxant which makes it much easier to load and unload. Also, if you ever use deeps for honey you won't be able to get as many in a Maxant. They only can only hold 10 and the Dadant can still fit 20.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
975 Posts
I have a Dadant 20. It has done very well for me. Other than replacing the fuse (2 bucks at the hardware store) I haven't had issues in the 12 years I have had it. The are bigger than a Maxant which makes it much easier to load and unload. Also, if you ever use deeps for honey you won't be able to get as many in a Maxant. They only can only hold 10 and the Dadant can still fit 20.
Sounds like a couple of good "pros" to me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kamon is a monster. he loves lifting those deeps like Superman.
but for me I use mediums since I’m older , the mediums are getting heavy now Too. Lol
Both extractors are a very good choice. I have the maxant.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a Dadant 20 frame extractor. I believe it holds 32 mediums or 20 deeps. I have not taken it apart when cleaning it. I used a l lot of soap, water, and a scrubby for the initial clean to get the residual crud from the manufacturing process off of it. After using it, I spray it out with a power washer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will call Dadant and determine their delivery time estimate. I may be too late this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts