Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put together the sloppiest cut frames ever. The bottoms had splinters in the groove and the snap-off wedge wouldn't. I had to pry them off with a screwdriver because they weren't cut correctly and had to use a chisel to clean up all the splinters this created.

The bottom bar slots are about twice as wide as Mann Lake's, and as you can imagine, this lets the foundation warp.

If Dadant was nearby I'd sure take them back.

Anyone else have this kind of issue with Dadant frames?

·
Registered
638 Posts
If you dont like those, you can try making your own. Not that hard. Ryan Bekke on youtube has some videos that shows just how easy it is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just put together a set from Dadant and I was impressed by the clean cuts, straight wood and overall quality. They were slotted top and bottom though.
I've also found that Dadant charges me less for shipping.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've always thought they were good quality frames to work with but bad batch's show up in everything , I am sure they would have made it right .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a problem with Dadant several years ago. They refused to cooperate. Since then I have bought thousands of dollars in equipment from Brushy Mountain with zero problems.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I usually buy 5 to 10,000 Dadant/Western commercial grade frames a year. It's rare to end up with more than a dozen or so frames worth of broken pieces when we are done. Have always been impressed both with the cut and the quality and their freight rates are always fair. I did get burned once on their budget grade and am afraid to try them again though I have heard many good reports of those as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts