Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first time ordering dadant frames rather than Kelleys to save a few bucks. Got a few questions for folks who have used dadant frames.

The side bars sit much closer to the box, ie bee space is smaller or comprised. Does any body have problems with side bars being propolized to the box?

The ears on the top bars are a bit thicker and reduce bee space above. Does any body have problems with propolis ontop of ears?

Any body who exclusively uses dadant frames have issues with beetles, they seem to allow more hiding spots between boxes and frames.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Who made the supers? Sometimes the super rabbit height (the frame shelf) is at a slightly different height depending on the manufacturer. As a result sometimes the frames of other suppliers do not fit as well (though they should still work)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, but looking for those have ran exclusively dadant and any issues related propolis connecting the side bars to the inside of the box along the vertical surface.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Love Dadant frames, no propolis problems. We assemble thousands every year. Are your box dimensions standard.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have used Dadant exclusively since I started 6 years ago and have had no problems with propolis. The wired foundation doesn't fit well but that's another issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
.......................looking for those have ran exclusively dadant and any issues related propolis connecting the side bars to the inside of the box along the vertical surface.
Been using Dadant frames for 10+ years with no issues with propolis connecting the side bars to inside of box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts