Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Did cut out last Tuesday I got the queen I cut the brood comb honey etc. and attach on frames whit rubber bands I set it on my site before dark on screen bottom board used box from last year and some draw comb whit some honey on it after extraction
Everything work well this is the 3 cut of this year
I check the bees Sunday afternoon and there was no sign of the bees nowhere
No dead bees no live bees Looks like they left the hive the brood comb behind and swarm
What when wrong ??????

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Was there still the queen in the hive? Has this hive been robbed out yet? Were there very few to no workers in the hive? If so to all questions, could be CCD.. However, more then likely something about the old hive the queen and workers didn't like..

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Sounds to me like there was something they didn't like about their new home. That happens with packaged bees sometimes too. If i were in your shoes, on the next cut out that i did, i'd make sure there was a queen excluder between the brood nest and the bottom board. That will keep them put till they are totally settled in the new home..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
That’s good idea
Maybe they don’t like the new house because was to feral??? Nobody know for how long was in that old barn
What’s interesting yesterday in same box I install nuc and they like it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts