Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an honor stand has its challenges. One of which is outsmarting folks who want to steal the cash. My current ones worked well for years and thwarted multiple attempts until the last one. The individual brought in a hack saw and was able to cut the hinge and get some $ out.

My latest creation has no hinge and you’ve got to overcome 2 locks. The supporting structure under the locks are filled with concrete that’ll thwart a hacksaw. Yes, I know everything can be outwitted eventually. What I’m attempting is to require so many different tools and time, in a very exposed position that the thief gets too nervous to continue and will go elsewhere for easier prey.

The paint set up was an attempt to look cute to my customers. The honey pot itself is a middle finger to the thief that says don’t even try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice!

I ask people to leave the money in my unlocked letterbox, where I leave the honey for them to pick up. Some even leave more money than I ask for.
Never had any issues, except one time it was so windy a 10 dollar note blew out of the letterbox. I now leave a rock in the letterbox so people can place the money under it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts