Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would doubt you "ruined" it, but you may have infused a lot of air into the mixture...give it a few days and see. Why did you use the stirrer on the drill in the first place?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sure its not ruined as far as it being edible, but this honey was suppose to be for resale. I know there is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't look good. It looks like melted butter. I am going to have a hard time selling it. It has sat for 24 hours with no change yet.
I do crush and strain, and the stirrer looked like a fast and easy way to crush. And it was.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
You may have to warm it and keep it warm for a period of time before most of the air bubble rise to the top, but I doubt that you will ever get this honey to a clear state, especially since it is infused w/ wax particles.

·
Registered
421 Posts
glass jars and sell at the health food store/ fair for a premium.
I found this winter that cremed honey is better for my sore throat than regular -- it dissolves slowly in the mouth so soothes the throat more.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark I put some in a container and put it in a hot water bath it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I restrained it and sealed it up in 5 gal buckets, I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. I'm trying to post a picture of it, but the computer isn't cooperating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts