Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please post some pics of what a cell looks like with pollen in it? This is my first year and I havent found any good pics of pollen in a cell. Any other pic's would be helpful.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I have some dark comb at home that has pollen in it. It will make for a better picture referance. I can take a picture of it tonight. Here is the one pic I have though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is an awesome picture. The pollen looks like a yellow wax. Thanks for posting this picture.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
What's in the white looking cell (mid right)? Is that uncapped brood?
Yes.

Like KQ6AR said. Pollen comes in alot of different colors. That's why I will take a picture of the dark comb one. The pic I posted is a little hard to see the contrast. That's pretty fresh comb with a simular color pollen.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Here ya go.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Nikon D40X. I seriously don't know how to use it for its best pics. It has a lot of settings like all digitals do. I just put it on the standard one with auto focus and take a pic. Works for me. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hambone,

That 1st picture was pretty impressive. No pollen shortage there! Whats the source of pollen? The only white stuff we have up here in the northwest is that dang white stuff still trying to fall from the sky! Hope spring comes soon. Pollen patties & sugar syrup for the past month are starting to get kind of spendy. :)

SPRUCE BEE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts