Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. Does anyone teach beekeeping in-person? I've been asked for the first time to provide beekeeping tutoring but I don't know how much I should charge? I want it not to be too expensive for the person taking the lesson but also not underestimate my knowledge and time spent. Thanks

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I think not many people would be willing to pay what it would be worth for one on one tutoring. If you can collect a group of consumers some people seem to do quite well that way.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It should cost you nothing and for them, time and free work. Have them come over and help you with the hives and do training at the same time. I would have them read "beekeeping for dummies" as a starting point. I read every book that the library in my town had, then went to local bee group and listened to the other beekeepers and asked questions. Let them know if you ask 10 beekeepers the same question, they will receive 11 or more different answers.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The so called students would have to be quite a ways along before they would be any asset. I would not thank you for additional queen rollers! If you had a lot of pure donkey work like cleaning up frames and boxes from deadouts or painting, they could be useful, but that is not what they will be looking for.

If a person has not shown that they are willing to do the necessary studying to get the basic knowledge and names of equipment etc., then they are not good candidates.

Threshold knowledge is a description of what is necessary before real instruction can get under way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts