Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all find it better to go with HFCS 55 when you need a few 100 gallons
or do you have a good way to heat up 100's of gallons of water and syrup?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Helloooo, Hellooo, Helloooo, is anybody out there?:scratch:

Does anyone have an efficient way of making sugar syrup? My way of doing it on the stove is not efficient, fast or productive.

I'm wondering if i am better off using HFCS 55 (unless it is not so good for the bees) or trying to dissolve 100's of lb's of syrup in something.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey Nelson, I do it 5 gallons at a time with warm tap water and a big spoon. Doesnt take a whole lot of effort to get it done honestly. you could even get a paint stirer from Home Depot or something like that to help you out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The US military sells their field cooking equipment on a web site (Government Liquidation). Anyone can register and bid. I have M2 burner units (they use gasoline under pressure) and several 10 and 15 gallon pots. Within 30 minutes I can have 15 gallons of boiling water on each burner. The whole setup is inexpensive. The problem is finding them for sale close by.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Nelson, I do it 5 gallons at a time with warm tap water and a big spoon. Doesnt take a whole lot of effort to get it done honestly. you could even get a paint stirer from Home Depot or something like that to help you out.
So have you ever had a problem with the sugar not dissolving because the water isn't hot enough? I always heated up the water until it's almost boiling and that takes forever! And the wife usually grumps about it.:pinch:

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
How big a batch you want to mix?

If you want to do a big batch and you have a trolling motor do it in a 55gal drum that way it dosen`t matter how long it takes to disolve the sugar, when not useing armstrong power :applause:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Honeyman ---
yeah just fell off the couch -- laughing soooo hard

thats the best mixer in the world - hell while you are at it, just wash it up and make mixers for the next bonfire!!!!!! going to need jugs of alcohol!!!!!!!

anyhow back on topic - i have a propane water heater and i just crank up the temp - the out put is 150F --DO NOT TOUCH the water - but it mixes very well !!!! i mix my HFCS and sugars this way - .....also have a three prong drill whip that i use for my wine making that works great for sturing it ..... i sold my boat :(( so i cant mix it like Honeyman!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts