Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three hives overwintered in two deeps each. Tomorrow I plan to remove the bottom deep on each (depending on where cluster is) and put one or two mediums (depending on strength of colonies) of permacomb up top.

I will have a number of deep frames still with honey. My plan was to set up a hive about 50yds away with the excess honey, maybe bait it a little, and let it get robbed out (hopefully by my bees). Is that a good idea, or is there a better way?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I don't believe in purposeful open robbing. Why not extract these frames ?

But of course, I also don't believe in mediums for brood chambers, or any type of plastic comb, so why listen to me ??? right Michael ???

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,291 Posts
>I don't believe in purposeful open robbing.

Sometimes it sets off more robbing.

>Why not extract these frames ?

If you have an extractor. Or how about uncapping and putting them over the inner cover and see if the bees will move it down?

>But of course, I also don't believe in mediums for brood chambers, or any type of plastic comb, so why listen to me ???

I always listen to you. I think you're a very wise beekeeper. But Then I also like mediums for everything and plastic comb.

But I'm also experimenting with Dadant deeps because of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.