Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that experience is by far the best teacher, but, I'm interested in finding a college course or two in honey bee biology. Does anyone know of any such courses in the greater Boston area? My google search skills are apparently lacking as I couldn't find a thing. Any help is appreciated, Ken.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
strip, what do you mean by honey bee biology? If honeybee biology is what you want to learn about, it seems like any insect class would give you what you are looking for.

Now, beekeeping classes are a different kettle of fish.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
The University of Delaware had an online class but I don't know if they still offer “Apiology and Apiculture” now that Dewey Caron has retired.

I have the book ( Honey Bee Biology and Beekeeping) that was used in the course.

If honeybee biology is what you want to learn about, it seems like any insect class would give you what you are looking for.
:scratch:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
strip, what do you mean by honey bee biology? If honeybee biology is what you want to learn about, it seems like any insect class would give you what you are looking for.

Now, beekeeping classes are a different kettle of fish.
I was looking for an entomology course focusing on apis, not so much the other orders. Picture Beekeeping for Dummies in the classroom, but with a step up in content. What i know about bee mechanics is limited to the first hand experience i'm gaining and the books I've read (again and again). I don't have the the book mentioned above so I'll track that one down for the library. I'll keep looking for a course, including the Delaware offering if it's still out there. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
You might be able to buy it directly from Dewey, I did. If you can't find his email address online let me know and I should be able to conjure it up for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts