Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been reading and watching videos for about a year but would like to get some hands on local experience/mentoring before buying or starting a bee hive in the Spring of 2021. Where can I start? Who can I talk to?

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
2,529 Posts
Welcome rbrock

Google "Bee Clubs near Maineville Ohio"

here is one http://www.movba.org/ohiolocal.html

try to go to a few meetings, ask some of the Club leaders if there are any folks would mentor.
or post on a club BB you are seeking a mentor.

good luck
Have fun

buying starting, IMO a NUC is the better way to start if you have no comb. there are several NUC sellers in Ohio.
I would get on a list with an order by New Year,, often NUCs are sold out in FEB.

GG

·
Registered
306 Posts
Like GG said, local mentors are the way to go. You can find a LOT of great info here, but you have to be weary. An experienced local will get you where you need to be. Also, many clubs have a bee school in the spring for less than $100. The material I learned at the school was good, but most importantly, I came out of the course with 3 local mentors‘ phone numbers (combined experience well over 100 years), and a nuc on order.

Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Sorry about the delay in responding. Any good sites that track Ohio or Southwestern Ohio swarm and nectar flow? I thought OSU might but can’t seem to find and tracking sites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts