Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Are the "files" section nuked ? Often deep linked to some of these.
I asked Admin to find a way to make those available. I think that may be in the works.

They are located within the Resources forum in the community.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
where does it show the poster's location?
Location is shown by doing a "rollover" / "mouseover" of the MemberID / Name. If that doesn't work on a particular device, then a "click" of that area should. After a click the screen looks like this:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It would be nice if when new was activated to see new post if a list of the latest already read post were listed below the place where the unread ones stop. I found this helpful on the old forum in several ways. I do most of my looking from the new post icon and do not look at sub forums. Sometimes it is nice to go back a read a current answer before too much time has passed from when it was posted and with out having to use a search function.
Just a suggestion.
Cheers
gww
Ps I am thankful that the tailgater was moved.

·
Administrator
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It would be nice if when new was activated to see new post if a list of the latest already read post were listed below the place where the unread ones stop. I found this helpful on the old forum in several ways. I do most of my looking from the new post icon and do not look at sub forums. Sometimes it is nice to go back a read a current answer before too much time has passed from when it was posted and with out having to use a search function.
Just a suggestion.
Cheers
gww
Ps I am thankful that the tailgater was moved.
NEW is for unread posts but you can change your filter within it or you can click on the Popular tab for all.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6a 3rd yr 5 production hives 1/ 2 q resource hive
472 Posts
Idea- love to see at a glance 1) experience level of poster 2) over winter success rate 3) pro or not 4) whether they treat or not 5) apiary size and config. 6) self confessed strengths. Ideally on the left with the # of posts as part of user settings. Longevity does not always translate to success but unless you know who you’re in conversation with it’s hard to at a glance see who is contributing to a thread. It could be done by selecting from a menu of options in settings.

·
Administrator
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Idea- love to see at a glance 1) experience level of poster 2) over winter success rate 3) pro or not 4) whether they treat or not 5) apiary size and config. 6) self confessed strengths. Ideally on the left with the # of posts as part of user settings. Longevity does not always translate to success but unless you know who you’re in conversation with it’s hard to at a glance see who is contributing to a thread. It could be done by selecting from a menu of options in settings.
Depending on the number of characters we could use the "Behive" space in your Account Settings.

The information entered in that spot will display below your avatar and user name in threads. (Click Save when you are done.)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Why does the flag for New Zealand on the profile preview look like the US flag? I noticed that oldtimer has a US flag next to his name instead of the New Zealand one.

·
Administrator
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Why does the flag for New Zealand on the profile preview look like the US flag? I noticed that oldtimer has a US flag next to his name instead of the New Zealand one.

View attachment 61244
It may have been a momentary glitch.I am seeing the correct flag in his posts.

- Cricket

·
Registered
Bee Wrangler
733 Posts
If I pay the $20 for a premium member, I see the list of things you get.
What are the premium discussions??
You should offer a free sample to let us see what we really get for the $20

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,800 Posts
There are no premium discussions as of yet. Basically for now, $20 bucks gets you no ads and free classified listings without meeting a minimum number of previous posts. You also get a cool little badge next to your avatar. :)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts