Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched Billy The Exterminator. In the past, he has done a cut out to save honeybees, because he wanted to help save the bees. Today, he decided to spray a HUUGE nest in a tree!!!!! What gives, Billy?!?!?!

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
825 Posts
Just watch the one coming on at 10:30, the bees get a little revenge before he kills them off.

He needs JP's number and then the bees will live!!

He IS an exterminator by trade, not a beek, and drama sells tv.

I think he is an idiot.

G3

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is a show called animal extractors on natgeo. They pride themselves with removing things like copperheads and rattlesnakes from around people's homes and raccoons from attics and such. Oooh and three times now I have seen them remove a bee hive from someone's home...after spraying them. God forbid you try to take them out alive but lets be nice to the rattlesnake in the kid's sandbox.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've never watched Billy the exterminator but just clicked on it. That guy and his whole family seem a little weird. Whats up with all the studded leather???:scratch:

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
psst, guys, this Thread is redundant. Just thought you aught to know. But I didn't want to say it too loudly or unkindly.

Carry on.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I hardly ever watch this guy but decided to because of the bees. My family and I watched and just started laughing when he said he was going in without protective gear.

We were laughing to the point of tears when it all came apart on him.

How hysterical.

I completely agree, save the poisonous snakes but kill the bees. No way to get the bees out of the tree without cutting it down and that golf course was not going to do that.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Though I, of course, don't think of beekeeping as a "Dirty Jobs" sorta thing, I watched the segment that "Dirty Jobs" had on a guy doing a bee removal. My son recorded it for me. It wasn't bad. Well, some of the jokes were. But the Host isn't really a comedian. What I thought was funny was that the guy doing the removal didn't seem to have a bee vac to get those last few stragelers. And he just put all of the combs w/ bees on them into a cardboardbox and folded the lid over.

Much more a positive experience to show on TV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts