Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nuc I that is doing well and a single brood box that only has a few bees and is queenless. Can I combine these and how? Also the hives are separated by about 200+ ft. Who moves? Thanks!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would move the small queenless hive to the bigger queenright hive. I would also do a newspaper combine. Take one piece of newspaper and put it over the queen right hive and cut a small slit in the paper and then place the queenless hive over it. They will chew through it and hopefully be happy together. Do you have another deep to put the nuc into? I would first put the nuc in a deep in the same location then bring the other hive over to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the post. I'm on the way to take care of that now. It's my second full year of beekeeping. What is your opinion on moving beehives this time of year? The nuc that I will be combining with is actually 50 feet from the final spot where two other beehives are. The weak hive was in the garden area with a very healthy hive 200 ft away. 3 locations. I hope I can be more decisive in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts