Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a swarm from a strong hive 2 weeks ago. I caught it and got it started in a new 10 frame med. super. I had a smaller second swarm a day later. Captured it, and have it in a small 8 frame med. super. I went into the original hive and thought I had removed all remaining queen cells, and saw no "extra" queens, so I thought everything was over. Last Sunday, another good size swarm came from the original hive. I caught it also and it is in a 10 frame med. super. I have syrup on all 3 swarm hives and they appear to be doing okay. I will be going into each this coming week to check them out.

My thinking is that I will probably want to combine the 2 weaker hives, the 8 frame and the last 10 frame, when I go into them this week. Is that okay or should I wait? I thought I would kill the queen in the 8 frame, pull the frames and put them in a 10 frame med. super box on the last 10 frame with newspaper between them. Am I thinking right or should I just let them go this season, provided they are both queened of course. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts