Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I combined cutout separated by a 3 days. in the chat berkshire bee & Naturegoods suggested I separate the hives with a couple of sheets of newspaper. I did that this morning. went fine. didn't seem too upset at first. 1.5 hours later there are a lot of bees in the air. should i do anything?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did a cutout on Tuesday. brood & honey into a deep. ugly cutout under the floor of a shed. built a vacuum and went back Friday. vacuumed into a deep & super. this morning i put the Friday bees on top of the Tuesday bees separated by newspaper. all the bees are from the same colony. didn't see the queen either day. i don't think its a war but there are a lot of bees flying and on the front of the hive. i left the top cracked open.

1. should i close the top?
2. anything else i should do?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I probably would not have left the top open, but since you did I wouldn't close it up at this point. Sounds like the Friday bees are just getting oriented. Things will probably calm down shortly. I wouldn't do anything but watch.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
things are calming down. think it was mostly the bees left in the bottom of the vacuum flying. tempted to close the top but i think i'll leave well enough alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts