Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello--I was doing a hive inspection and noticed right away that in between a couple of frames there was a small area of drawn comb (maybe 3-4 inches) but not the entire frame. Thought maybe they just started to go off track. Lifted the frame out and was happily seeing different stages of larvae and capped brood, pollen. Looking for Queen. All of a sudden the whole backside of the frame fell off onto the top of the hive and then the frontside slipped and fell off as well. This is a package I put in a new hive with no pre-drawn comb but had the foundation. I was not sure what to do so I removed an empty frame to make room and as gently as I could slid the comb back down into the hive but it was pretty badly damaged. I never could see my queen and hopefully she is not maimed/dead. I am distraught that the nursery that looked so promising is now in shambles. Advice please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I read that on another thread but unfortunately this was/is too soft and new. Should I go get the whole mess out of the hive or will the bees be able to retrieve or save anything from it? I feel terrible that I didn't notice that short weird little strip was supporting the whole works on that frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts