Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a slide show of really cool apiaries. I would like photos from all countries, and of all types, and all sizes. If you love your apiary, add your photo to this thread. If it works out, I will try and post it somehow so everyone can enjoy it.

Home Apiary.JPG
Old Town Hive 2.JPG

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is that PVC that you used for your stands? That's really interesting! I wouldn't normally think of building something load-bearing out of PVC, but now as I consider it, so long as you do it right I suppose it's cheap, functional, and back-saving.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is that PVC that you used for your stands? That's really interesting! I wouldn't normally think of building something load-bearing out of PVC, but now as I consider it, so long as you do it right I suppose it's cheap, functional, and back-saving.
Pvc becomes very brittle after being out in the sun, bad choice of material i would think.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
78-79fordman;1119778[IMG said:
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/biggreenblue/bees%20and%20stuff/E58E48C6-7E6D-478B-9A51-1FF8A1BD6F5A-158-0000000A63DDCDAA_zpsf2a2e1f4.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE]

I'm wonderin why you don't call yourself "78-79 & 82-84" Ford Man ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I do not currently have an apiary (see my signature). So I will just talk about other peoples' apiaries while they post pictures.

Hey, I recognize those - those are the "Ultimate Hive Stands" that I've seen in a couple of catalogs. A little pricey, IIRC. Can I trouble you for your impression of the hive stands?

·
Registered
237 Posts
78-79fordman;1119778[IMG said:
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/biggreenblue/bees%20and%20stuff/E58E48C6-7E6D-478B-9A51-1FF8A1BD6F5A-158-0000000A63DDCDAA_zpsf2a2e1f4.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE]

I'm wonderin why you don't call yourself "78-79 & 82-84" Ford Man ;)
Because I have 30 fords from 74-79 most are 78-79 . I only have about 5-7 or so from 80-96
. 78-79 fords are my love . 80's are just straight up beaters .

Little bit of my broncos

Couple of the trucks

Before

After

And that's just a few .

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beekkirk;

PVC, when it is painted, does not get brittle. It actually cuts the UV rays, and this is how strong it is.

PVC Hive Stand 3.jpg 0403131619-01.jpg

It is holding my Mercury Marquis; much more than any hive weight. I have used them exclusively, and they are extremely stable, light, and strong.

All done though, they are about $48.00 in materials from Lowes. However, I build about three a year, and I have not had a bit of trouble. I can strap the hive boxes to the stand, and two guys can lift it easily using the stand for a handle. So far, I have not found a negative - except for the price, but they are worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aside from the hive stands and Ford pickups, which are really cool, is there anyone else who would like to include their apiary photos? Keep them coming. These are really great so far. As far as I am concerned, there is no bad apiary. :applause:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aside from the hive stands and Ford pickups, which are really cool, is there anyone else who would like to include their apiary photos? Keep them coming. These are really great so far. As far as I am concerned, there is no bad apiary. :applause:
Hive stands ?? Lol

Here's a swarm box in a tree .

Sorry about the trucks but they asked . And they were bound to show up in someone's thread . Lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
78-79fordman'
Wow, now those are hive stands. Haha; kinda like Crocodile Dundee when he says; "Now that's a knife." :lpf:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not very "cool" but I'll share

Orange Grove
image.jpg

Bayside
image.jpg

I usually only take photos to remind of something. I forgot why I took these!:)

1 - 20 of 315 Posts