Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Cleaning White Frosting Buckets In The Dishwasher

4472 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  johng
Can you put white frosting buckets in the dish washer? It would sure save a lot of scrubbing. I have let the bees have what they want, but they always leave some stuff behind that needs cleaning. I have put other smaller plastic buckets in the dishwasher and they sort of slumped. I only have a few of the frosting buckets and don't want to waste them. By the way, how much honey to they hold? They don't look like a standard 5 gal. bucket.

Thanks, Jerry
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,468 Posts
Fill the buckets with warm/hot water to dissolve the frosting and you will have very little scrubbing.

Look at the bottom of the pail and it will say how many gallons it holds.

· Registered
2,468 Posts
If the buckets were taken directly from the bakery and washed like normal dishes they would be fine for honey storage. Since you left them outside exposed to outdoor contaminents more may need to be done. A weak bleach solution will sanitize them just fine. Make sure you rinse them very well after the bleach wash to eliminate the chance of bleach contamination to your honey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.