Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
That is so awesome. And yes, I'd love to see pics of your landscaping.

Nice stuff!

·
Registered
526 Posts
You must have some milkweed in your landscaping. Keep an eye on it and right before it hatches yo will be able to see the monarch butterfly in the chrysalis.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 3 different kind of butterfly weeeds, which are in the family as milkweed. I have milkweek im my backyard.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
List of my garden plant (not inclusive).
Early Spring- feb to march: crocus, tulips, daffodil and pussy willow.
Spring- april to june: fruit trees, wild flowers, maple, some lilies, black locust borage, catnips and white dutch clover (seeded my backyard with it).
Summer, july - august: borage, coneflowers, catnip, mountain mint, balm mint, monarda (bee balm), russian sage, salvia, evodia, early goldenrods, sourwood (one tree), stonecrop (sedum), linden from the forest around me.
fall, sep to nov: 7 sons, late goldenrods, hibicus, sourwood, borage (fall fush), various type of asters.

New plants being added to the landscape: eastern baccharis, tupelo, and buttonbush, and white snow clematis gathered from the wild.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks a lot. In my garden, I find a variety of bees but not many butterflies and moths. I’ll definitely add milkweeds to attract something other than the cabbage white. My place is not as large as yours but I’ll also try to find spaces for some trees in your list.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot. In my garden, I find a variety of bees but not many butterflies and moths. I’ll definitely add milkweeds to attract something other than the cabbage white. My place is not as large as yours but I’ll also try to find spaces for some trees in your list.
Oh, I get a lot of different butterflies twirling in the lazy summer afternoons. A large variety of native bees buzzing around. Get the butterfly weed instead of the milkweed, there are more colorful and last longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts