Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent the last three weeks bitterly cold day and night. Yesterday the bees were flying and my hazelnut catkins grew to an inch long during the day. That just means another year with no nuts! Hoping this is not a replay of last year when the beginning of February saw temperatures drop as low as -35F and snow was so deep I could not get to my bees. Before then I am doing a cleanup OA treatment while the time is right! This has already been a cold winter here in Great Falls. The ice on my Koi pond is a foot thick which is two inches thicker than the ten inches recorded as a record in the past. We have had 66" of snow so far this winter snow season. Hope we do not match last years record 119". There will be a lot of irrigation snowpack again. They have also taken down the signs in Glacier park saying glaciers will be gone by 2020 or 2030 because they have grown 25% in the last several years.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We spent the last three weeks bitterly cold day and night. Yesterday the bees were flying and my hazelnut catkins grew to an inch long during the day. That just means another year with no nuts! Hoping this is not a replay of last year when the beginning of February saw temperatures drop as low as -35F and snow was so deep I could not get to my bees. Before then I am doing a cleanup OA treatment while the time is right! This has already been a cold winter here in Great Falls. The ice on my Koi pond is a foot thick which is two inches thicker than the ten inches recorded as a record in the past. We have had 66" of snow so far this winter snow season. Hope we do not match last years record 119". There will be a lot of irrigation snowpack again. They have also taken down the signs in Glacier park saying glaciers will be gone by 2020 or 2030 because they have grown 25% in the last several years.
Interesting. I guess the koi shut down until it warms back up? That’s funny about the glacier signs. Lol.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts