Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a restaurant here in OKC called 105 Degrees (see website) They call their cuisine "living". My wife is the Pilate's instructor of one of the chefs in training and she gave her some of my honey. Well, my wife came home yesterday and told me the Chef and trainees are coming next Wednesday to visit my bee yard and are very excited to talk to me about my honey. I have never done anything like this before, should be interesting. They also have a store...hummm :)

http://105degrees.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow...that's awesome. And very cool you have a "raw" food restaurant in your area. I am actually a high raw vegetarian meaning that about 75-80% of the food I eat is raw. Hopefully you are able to be the restaurants honey supplier if that is the intent of their visit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is still considered raw up to around 118 degrees. The idea is that after 118 degrees the natural enzymes and nutrients start to be destroyed. So as long as you stay below that temp. the food can be considered raw.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Some days in OKC 105 Degrees is considered cool.... :lpf: (native Oklahoman, it does get hot there in the summertime)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Make sure you remind them that it is Raw, Healthy, pure, sweet, and what ever else you can think of to put it in their head to use honey on their dishes.

I would have a couple case ready for them to set up in their store and maybe a couple of jars for them to use in their kitchen... Never hurts to be too ready what would be the worst they will say... No thanks???

Good luck let us know

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it went very well, only 4 came, others had concerns about bee allergies, but it was lots-o-fun for everyone. The head guy was there and is interested in possible bringing more grad classes over....plus he already said he would buy honey from me!! I did get stung in front of everyone but hey what can I say, there was a big red wasp at the entrance with a bees head in its mouth. :D I pulled a frame of honey and let them stick their fingers in and eat...told them there is nothing more "raw" than that!! They loved it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts