Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
not to be a killjoy, but I've had to use 2 8-frame deep nucs in my bee vac, for a single cut-out, as the first one was packed full of bees; a cut-up 2-liter bottle is, IMHO utterly useless for anything more than "sweeping up" a few stragglers on a return trip. :/

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not to be a killjoy, but I've had to use 2 8-frame deep nucs in my bee vac, for a single cut-out, as the first one was packed full of bees; a cut-up 2-liter bottle is, IMHO utterly useless for anything more than "sweeping up" a few stragglers on a return trip. :/
From my experience with my last cut-out inside a water meter box, this will do what I need and support my determined effort to NOT spend money to save bees.

·
Registered
892 Posts
From my experience with my last cut-out inside a water meter box, this will do what I need and support my determined effort to NOT spend money to save bees.
I suppose this is no different than any other activity. "you get out of it what you put into it."

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I suppose this is no different than any other activity. "you get out of it what you put into it."
I was going to say: "you get what you pay for" and it looks to me that you paid too much. Good for when a bee comes into your house. The first swarm I vac'ed this year was about ten pounds of bees and has filled it's jumbo brood chamber and is well into it's second honey super.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts