Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 4 new queens in splits, 4 days ago and need to check if they were released. It's cloudy with light ran today and worse weather is expected tomorrow. Do I check them today or wait until Monday afternoon?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would wait. They are still adjusting to the queens and even if they are not all released they can feed them through the screens until Monday. OMTCW

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the replys. You and the weather have helped me decide to wait for better conditions.:D After a year of beeking I'm still antsy to check on new queens. Roland I hope your right about Monday being sunny. How did your NWC's do this winter?

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
It does not get much better with time. There is a greater chance of rejection when disturbed and that is why most suggestions are to let them alone. The other possibility mentioned numerous times in posts, the beekeeper is releasing the queen manually and she either runs out of the hive or similar undesirable results. Bees have been doing this much longer than you or I. I still peek after decades, resist the urge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts