Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting in this house with a broken knee has been drivin me nuts-here in Pa. Warmer today, around 43 degrees F, the bees r out n looking good. 1st year top bar hive.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Broken knee...that's gotta stink. Glad the bees are doing well and getting in a cleansing flight. Same here...weird warm weather (high 30's low 40's) but the bees like it. Storms coming next week though.

Join net flicks...good way to pass the day then you can speak in sound bites for the rest of the summer. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing more movies than anyone ever should! I'm reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma". I wonder if Joel Salatin keeps bees, and if he keeps TBHs.....

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
warmed up to 38 degrees and bright sun here on the NY/PA Border. The bees were airing it all out today which was a welcome sight after this cold spell.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It got to 55 today. Checked the last 5 hives today and the bees were flying with their cleansing flights. It made me smile.:)

In my one hive, I noticed that the bees were in the sugar, so I put more on.

My one hive did not seem to have alot of bees in it, yet I saw them dragging sugar out of that hive. I suspect that hive may not make it. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the bees were hiding somewhere in that hive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey I thought that I was the only one waiting for the girls to come out. Called my daughter as she got off of the bus and had her go down and check them out Friday. Said they were out and about. Boy I was happy. Its been cold. Ready for spring. Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts