Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some odds and ends...frames, supers, covers, bottom boards, etc. I LOVE dadant, but their shipping is incredibly high. What are some other sites that are reputable that are good? Im on WT Kelley now, wondering if they are good and taking suggestions for others. I dont mind ordering a few things from Dadant, but if I can save 200 bucks in shipping...well....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question...is a medium super and frames the same across companies? WIll my dadant frames fit in mann lake stuff?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Mostly the same size , but there is no tight standardization. Ask for key measurements before buying. Make your own covers and bottom boards! They are easy to make and cheap to make. Western bee budget boxes and frames are plenty good for my bees and I bet yours too. They are cheap. IF you want any quantity at all, ask WB if they can quote surface freight shipment with you picking up items at your local freight terminal. Western bee is owned by Dadant and makes their woodware as well as for many suppliers. I have used ML frames in my WB boxes. I would not buy ML boxes because WB is so much cheaper even paying freight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is actually cheaper to buy from Mann Lake if you purchase over $100. Even though the WB's prices are significantly cheaper, their shipping is expensive. It would have cost me over $170 (including shipping) for the same thing that I got from ML for $156.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts