Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been buying Mannlake's Ultra bee powder FD-210, For years.

I would mix 2:1sugar syrup, And then mix in the powder FD - 210 until I would form a patty.
This year I bought 2 pails 10 lbs each, And both smell (kinda nice, not like it use to be), differently, as well as they are a lot darker than they used to be.

Description and ingredients on the label have not changed when I compared them to old pails from years before.

Does anyone know any changes with Mannlake's Ultra bee? Do we have anyone from Mannlake here on the forum?

Is this change in the recepie temporary or permanent? My bees are eating the patties but are clearly not happy about it compared to last year...

Thank you,
Stefanely

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have been buying Mannlake's Ultra bee powder FD-210, For years.

I would mix 2:1sugar syrup, And then mix in the powder FD - 210 until I would form a patty.
This year I bought 2 pails 10 lbs each, And both smell (kinda nice, not like it use to be), differently, as well as they are a lot darker than they used to be.

Description and ingredients on the label have not changed when I compared them to old pails from years before.

Does anyone know any changes with Mannlake's Ultra bee? Do we have anyone from Mannlake here on the forum?

Is this change in the recepie temporary or permanent? My bees are eating the patties but are clearly not happy about it compared to last year...

Thank you,
Stefanely
Mann Lake put out a video in September 2021 regarding this issue. Due to COVID 19 Mann Lake stated they could not get the yeast they normally use to make their Ultra Bee Dry Feed along with the Ultra Bee Pollen Patties. Instead of stopping production of Ultra Bee altogether they chose to find another supplier of yeast which left their product darker then before. Other then the darker color I can’t tell a difference in the product one way or the other. My bees gobbled up a 40lb box of the Patties this Spring and just about as much dry feed last Fall. If you want to watch the video Mann Lake released go to their Facebook page and click on VIDEOS. I believe it’s the 18th video down titled “Ultra Bee Patties Color Variation”.
Below is a photo of the actual video but you will have to visit Mann Lakes Facebook page to watch it. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Ultra bee is ultra expensive, they had a unique formula which is now changed, which isn't a good thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts