Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Maxant Chain Uncapper Model 1700 mbp. I apperars to be the older version that does not allow for adjustment to the chains as far as in and out but my problem is that when the handle is fully down it leaves approximately 3/4" of uncapped comb below the top bar, you can push down on the top bar with your finger and it removes the uncapped area. This is not very safe, is there any way to correct this problem with some type of adjustment. All comment are welcomed

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have seen this modification and think this would be for a problem with chain adjustment in and out toward the frame. My problem is with the up and down of the comb removable. Maybe this could be adjusted with the pillar block; seems as though the handle bottoms out before the frame goes all the way down.
Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted Maxant Friday and ordered a bottler and sent pictures of the Uncapper to determine the age. Did not know I had a problem till this week-end; I called again today and was told to call mid-tomorrow and talk to Ted. I'm confident he will have some answers to the problem. Thanks for the reply.
Jerry

·
Registered
712 Posts
Before you start cutting. Drop the handle to the lowest position, then bend the handle upwards slightly so that the frame holder will drop all the way down.

Johnny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried bending the handle as Broke-T suggested and it seems to be working; will put it to the test this week-end. Also will call Ted tomorrow and see if we can get an idea how old it is. I was told from the seller that is was 3 and then 4 years old but after research on the Forum it appears to be older due to it not having the adjustable pillar block bearings. Regardless of age it seems to be operating OK.
Thanks everyone for their input and help.
Again thanks,
Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts