Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Katherine. My tiny apriary is FL Bee Works. I have been on again off again with keeping bees. But after going through this past year with the pandemic, and developing PTSD, I feel the need to scale back my nocturnal nursing ways, and go full time into queen rearing.

Later this spring, I will be starting my AI journey to help grow my tiny apriary into a full fledge business. Crazy I know..but beekeeping is addictive.

Feel free to drop by to say Hi! 馃榿

Registered
Good luck Katherine!! Sounds like a very exciting endeavor. Please keep us posted on your journey.

Registered
I am sure you already have a plan on entering the Instrumental Insemination world, but I have always wanted to attend Sue Cobey鈥檚 II classes at Wash. State. Probably a pricey deal, but I would think it would be an incredible jump start.

Premium Member
Enjoy your retirement plan. Be prepared to work hard though! 馃檪馃悵

Registered
Night nurse here too. At 59 years old I am certainly thinking of retiring. Best of luck and hope to see many posts from you here. Sounds very interesting and I imagine you will have many ups and downs.

Registered
To you, AR1 and all of the night nurses, thank you for all you have done this past year, and what you continue to do. Thank God we had people like you willing to step up.

Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
Katherine, let us know where you are in central FL. Krispn Given (Perdue Ankle Biters) will be teaching a two day II class in Indiana in July and August. I imagine the class is similar to the one Sue teaches. Which II set up up are you considering?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
To you, AR1 and all of the night nurses, thank you for all you have done this past year, and what you continue to do. Thank God we had people like you willing to step up.
Thank you for your acknowledgement and appreciation! Much need moral boost!馃槏

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Katherine, let us know where you are in central FL. Krispn Given (Perdue Ankle Biters) will be teaching a two day II class in Indiana in July and August. I imagine the class is similar to the one Sue teaches. Which II set up up are you considering?
I am in Ocala, just south of gainesville. I just bought 2 ankle biter nucs within the past month. Nice calm girls!

Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
Ha! I have a house in Silver Springs Shores just off of Emerald Dr. and Mericamp. I get down there once in a while to visit. In the future, I may try to overwinter some of my bees there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Night nurse here too. At 59 years old I am certainly thinking of retiring. Best of luck and hope to see many posts from you here. Sounds very interesting and I imagine you will have many ups and downs.
Awesome.. what specialty? Cardiology MS here. I love being a nurse, however, it is time for me to get out.
Enjoy your retirement plan. Be prepared to work hard though! 馃檪馃悵
馃榿馃馃榿馃馃榿
Ha! I have a house in Silver Springs Shores just off of Emerald Dr. and Mericamp. I get down there once in a while to visit. In the future, I may try to overwinter some of my bees there.
Awesome!!! Love to meet other beekeepers. There isnt a really organized bee community from what I've seen over the past 3 years, except for the Honey Bees of America. I think they have disbanded or went virtual since the pandemic. My main apriary I am building in Anthony, but I do keep my original hives in my backyard. Will move those girls out to make room for my breeder queens in May. Super excited!!!馃榿

Registered
Awesome.. what specialty? Cardiology MS here. I love being a nurse, however, it is time for me to get out.
Also cardiology. Just last week however I moved to the step-down ICU. So far not much difference. It's all fun. I've been at this for almost 5 years now, got my nursing degree at age 55. So its still new. Lots to learn.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Also cardiology. Just last week however I moved to the step-down ICU. So far not much difference. It's all fun. I've been at this for almost 5 years now, got my nursing degree at age 55. So its still new. Lots to learn.
That is great! I agree that there's always more we can learn.

Registered
Crazy I know..but beekeeping is addictive.
Welcome to the forum, Katherine. I do take consolation in the fact that beekeeping is one of the few almost universally socially-acceptable addictions...

Admitting you have a problem is the first part of the cure- more bees 馃槈.

On a serious note, we are glad to have you a part of the Beesource community and best of success in your queen rearing efforts.

Russ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts