Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Cell Builder Frame

3282 10
What is the acceptable height between the bottom of the bar where the cells are, and top of the next bar on a frame like this one.

I think I read that the width is around 3/4 of an inch, please confirm that this is also correct.
Also, how many cells per bar will fit; and can you put too many?
RKR
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or if you could take a picture of what you use and tell me how you use it that would work. Measurements would be great.
I would like to learn to produce my own queens on a small scale. I have some books but they don't tell me how much room the bees need to make perfect size cells.
I don't want to crowd them, nor do I want to spread them too much.

RKR

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KQ6AR,
Was it a Deep or a Med? I am actually wanting to build a medium frame. Of course if it is not possible to do this because of the height of the frame then just a bar with cups would do.
Thanks for helping any info is better than what I have now, the best I can do is guess at this point.
RKR

· Registered
115 Posts
If you are going to use a medium I would use one bar, but that does not mean you can't engineer a two bar set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.