Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the acceptable height between the bottom of the bar where the cells are, and top of the next bar on a frame like this one.

I think I read that the width is around 3/4 of an inch, please confirm that this is also correct.
Also, how many cells per bar will fit; and can you put too many?
RKR

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if you could take a picture of what you use and tell me how you use it that would work. Measurements would be great.
I would like to learn to produce my own queens on a small scale. I have some books but they don't tell me how much room the bees need to make perfect size cells.
I don't want to crowd them, nor do I want to spread them too much.

RKR

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KQ6AR,
Was it a Deep or a Med? I am actually wanting to build a medium frame. Of course if it is not possible to do this because of the height of the frame then just a bar with cups would do.
Thanks for helping any info is better than what I have now, the best I can do is guess at this point.
RKR

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you are going to use a medium I would use one bar, but that does not mean you can't engineer a two bar set up.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I use the wooden cell base and the wax cups that Kelley sells and I have 2 and a half inches between bars.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2.5"
Thanks AR Beek!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries KQ6ar.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts