Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in February I asked if anyone had ever ordered queens from Cedar Glen Bees. I received mixed reviews about this company but thought I would give it a try just to see. Well, I should have taken the advice I was given and not ordered from this company. In March I contacted Cedar glen bees and asked them what date the queen I have ordered would ship. I was told the third week in April and I would receive a phone call when they were ready to ship. A week past this date, no phone call and no queen. I then gave them a call and asked them what was the problem. I was told weather was the culprit and it would be another week with a phone call telling the queen had shipped. It is now the third week in May, and I have not received a phone call, a queen, or a response to phone messages, or numerous emails. Basically, the initial advice I received about this company has come true. Unless you are local to this supplier do not waste your time. I have paid in full for one queen and have received nothing but the run around in return. This is not a condemnation of this company but a simple review of less than acceptable service.:(

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles... I know from talking to the folks up here, northern queen rearing and shipping is a bit behind schedule...(not making excuses).

There are good people on beesource that can probably help you out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
queen bees

hey give ALLAN BUCKLEY A CALL I NOT ONLY ORDERED 5 QUEENS FROM HIM BUT ALSO BOUGHT SOME NUCS. the queens are excellent and quick to start laying , she filled a whole frame in a days time , i will not order from another person from here on out ..his number is 1-256-996-5174 . his nucs are kick butt to im completley impressed with all his stuff..scott

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Call Gardner’s Apiaries out of Baxley, Ga. 912-367-9352 great bees, great prices and wonderful people to deal with. And they are right in your neighborhood. Check out my latest post “ Package has flown the coop” I have dealt with them for a few years and have been nothing but a happy costumer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered four queens from them in April and had no problems at all. They were having problems with weather and their queens,but I ordered Buckfast queens. They were shipped from Canada to them and then they shipped them out, on time. They were having problems with their queens being able to go on their mating flights due to the bad weather. Jim<><

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unhappy experiences with our company. In defense all I can say is. We advertised queen delivery beginning the third week of April. It snowed that week. We had six inches of it in our apiary. Our local queen rearing was dead in the water. We contacted our California sources and they too were experincing the cold North wind and the queens could not go out on mating flights. We were able to acquire some from one dealer and they were all runts and some deformed. They were not useable. All products of cold weather breeding. We had to outwait the weather. WE were not going to ship substandard queens. We thought we had kept up with the calls. We do apologize for any incovienence this may have caused you
Sincerely
Michael % Cedar Glen Bees

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Well Michael. You do not stand behind your product at all. I called you about the queens and you did not do a thang for us. Come on. Not good business skills there. Plus, so many of the packages were dead when I came out to pick up the queens. Cant leave them outside just covered with a tarp in cold weather.

You really need to revisit your policy on how you do business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bees

My name is Vince Preinesberger.I just bought 10 4lb packages of bees from Ceder Glen Bees in Stanwood Washington.I trided to order Eq.through them but they wouldnt call me back.So i ordered my eq through Brushy Mountain Bee.Then i got a call from Ceder Glen bees to see if i still wanted the bees that I ordered.Thats where I made my mistake.When I went to pick them up there was less then a lb per package.Also ther were so many dead bees in the yard you could smell the fear in the bees.Half the bees in the packages were dead.I spent over 1000 for10lb of bees.These people have been screwing people since 05 just check them out on the computer and dont make the same mastake that I did.ThatCeder Glen Bees Stanwood Washington .(edited by dragonfly)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ceder Glen Bees Standwood Washington State

deleted/edited by dragonfly
This is a public forum for discussion. If there are personal grievances, please either PM those you are addressing, or contact them privately through other means.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Re: Ceder Glen Bees Standwood Washington State

basicaly, VPX2 got screwed by Ceder Glen. I do not mean a little..... this was a heck of a lot. He called me up to let me know. I would be glad, along with VPX, to talk with anyone about this company through email or pm. You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
a fellow beekeeper in my area ordered from them this year and he was happy with what he recived and I liked what I saw. this is just from seeing what he got. Abit over priced for a 3 lb package. I pay less from another place. I have called them number of times and never got a real person and e-mailed them and no reply back. I would not take the risk myself but some people are quite happy with them. Just remember buyer beware.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, Add me to the list of people taken by the con artists at Cedar Glenn. I ordered a queen about a month ago, never heard back from them, they never answer their phone, nor respond to emails. I'm in the process now of getting my money back thru my credit card company! Randy B

·
Registered
4 Posts
just wanted everyone to know what happened this year when I ordered 2 3lb packages of bees. They arivied dead so I did not accept them, but they have not sent new bees or refunded my money. They still think that I should pay for the dead bees that they shipped (they set up shipping). So I just want to warn anyone thinking of using cedar glen bees!! I have had to stop payment in order to try to get my money back!! They will not return phone calls or emails at all!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Michael
I to order 2 Carniolan,and called 14th of April to change to Russians,mailed a cashiers check for the exert $4.00 for Russian Queens.I was told that April 25 all Russians would be in.On May 8th emailed ask if thy had any Queens that could ship,New World,Old World,Italian,Minnesota anything my Russians.I needed 2 Queens bad.No reply by email or phone.I got two Queens from a neighbor.May 13th emailed asking for refund,GOT a email back on May 13th saying had me on top of the pile planing to ship tomorrow,had run out of three hole cages but had got some end.Ask if i still wanted Queens or refund,on May 14th i replied ,send refund.It is June 18 and still no refund,on June 9 had ask where was refund.No reply at all.Refund should be $58.25, 2 Russian Queens @ $25.00 and 1/2 the shipping. Help Jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts