Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From those of you who have purchased Carni's, where have you found is the best place to purchase? I'm up for trying them after having a mixture of Italians, Russians and mutts over the years......

Thanks!

Larry

·
Registered
635 Posts
i havent gotten them yet, but i have a couple packages and some queens coming this spring. they are from Oliverez out in California. someone local ordered a mess of queens and 4,000 packages and is reselling them here in MI.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I agree with TWall. I have gotten several queens from Tim Arheit at Honeyrunapiaries. The NWC queens are top notch, as well as the service. If you want to try NWC queens, I don't think you'll find any better.

Dan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just a heads up with the 4,000 packages from Olivarez. They'll make a boat load of honey and a boat load of mites. Make sure you treat them...fwiw Easily 1,000 mites dropped off in the fall!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've had great success with Carni Queens from Johnny Thompson (Broke T Farms) I have also used some from Tim at Honey Run that did good too. Broke T gets a little longer breeding season due to being in the south.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a heads up with the 4,000 packages from Olivarez. They'll make a boat load of honey and a boat load of mites. Make sure you treat them...fwiw Easily 1,000 mites dropped off in the fall!!
Brandy, are the mites bad in Colorado, or are the bees just being shipped with them?

·
Registered
650 Posts
"Brandy, are the mites bad in Colorado, or are the bees just being shipped with them?"

I don't think it's any worse here in CO as anywhere else. Big hives with big populations that don't have enough resistance yet. Treated they do fine and look great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going out on a limb here - don't suppose anyone knows of an Australian supplier of Carniolan Queens? I've been looking for weeks and am starting to think they're not available here :/

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I got mine from New Zealand

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
i havent gotten them yet, but i have a couple packages and some queens coming this spring. they are from Oliverez out in California. someone local ordered a mess of queens and 4,000 packages and is reselling them here in MI.
I got two Oliverez Carniolian hygenic queens in my two nucs this spring. They were installed about 24 April. By mid-June one of them had essentially quit laying and was being superceded. The other one is going strong. Shipped too cold? Poorly mated? I'm a klutz? Dunno. Other members of my club have developed misgivings about this particular source.

I will say they are gentle as lambs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered a breeder queen from Honey Run Apiaries this year. I have been very impressed with her laying, as well as her offspring. Honey Run Apiaries is a very good company to do business.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts