As the subject is foundation I would like to ask a question. Mounting new foundation into new frames requires a few steps, including the threading of support wires. These wires should be embedded. I am experimenting doing this with the use of my battery charger with limited success. The main question is how much embedment am I needing? Right now I do get some good embedment in some areas and when I try for the rest I start burning through. Any tips?
Thanks for the reply. As the weather is not really encouraging I have not tried any more embedding. I will take your advice and try it though and will let you know. Yesterday the sun shone and I finished one of those SBBs. It is installed and now I am just waiting for a friend to bring me the nuc that he promised. It's a bit late here in Kenucky but we will try. There is absolutely no intention to take honey from them this year though. By the way, I used a piece of Lexan that I had here in the shop for the bottom board and while I pulled the cover sheet off I came up with an idea. Occasionally I will wipe the bottom of that plexiglass (Lexan) with a piece of Nylon to generate some more static electricity and if any bugs fall on it the might get stuck and stay. A crazy Idea but it might work.
Thanks, and have a good day, Alex in Kentucky
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to beekeeping, bee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about breeding, honey production, health, behavior, hives, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more!