Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,164 Posts
"dislodging a large bee hive..." yes that soulds to me like hornets. I'm not sure how you "dislodge" a colony inside a tree, but I suppose it could have broken off a hollow branch... but it seems more likely to be one of those hornet nests people think are bee hives...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Except if it was hornets, why would they hose/foam down the entire tree and then call beekeepers instead of exterminators. I hate to say it, but a large colony inside the tree is just as likely.

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
The comments under the article make interesting reading. Here's a sample -

"This made my day. Thank you ladies. Two rich ladies on their way home from the mall. Stung 600 times. Mother Nature rocks!

I have no problem with this happening to wealthy, liberal housewives. I'm ecstatic".

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
A lot of sick ones out there to be talking like this. It is part of the class structure and hatred of anyone with money being taught here. A sad thing. My mother hated everyone with more money than us--which was about everyone. It sounded like a paperwasp nest to me the way the news was written up.
The comments under the article make interesting reading. Here's a sample -

"This made my day. Thank you ladies. Two rich ladies on their way home from the mall. Stung 600 times. Mother Nature rocks!

I have no problem with this happening to wealthy, liberal housewives. I'm ecstatic".

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
Just read the full discussion under the article, which covers everything from female drivers to the creation of killer bees. An interesting commentary on what people really think and will say if they are anonymous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts