Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can remove the bloom by putting the candles in the warm sun for awhile, use a hair dryer, rub them with a cloth, or spray with candle gloss which prevents it from returning and also remove any present. I know Mann Lake sells the gloss.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Since bloom is caused by lower melting point waxes coming to the surface, it might be prevented by lowering the storage temp. I have not tried this but think I will give it a try.

·
Registered
246 Posts
does the gloss take away from the beeswax smell?
when your customer smells the candle the aroma of the wax will be sealed by the gloss-when burning the candle will still have all the aromatic qualities-
so when they pick up a candle show them the best way to approach the candle is by smelling the bottom of the candle where it makes contact with the table(that part dose not get sprayed)-RDY-B

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Personally, I love the way candle bloom looks. But hey, maybe I'm weird! :eek:
I myself would not want to buy beewax candles with some 'gloss' product sprayed on them. Enough chemical junk on everything as it is.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
When a customer comes in looking for candles I make a point of mentioning bloom, and how it is a sign of natural beeswax. If I can clear a candle with the hot air gun, it usually gets a few ooohs and aaahs, as the bloom disappears like magic.
Sheri
I agree with Omie, I would never spray anything on my candles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts