Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hived two new packages two weeks ago on permacomb. By my best estimation, the queens were released about 9 days ago. Is it safe to do a full inspection today? I'll listen to any recommendations and advice you folks have to offer.

GMR

·
Registered
764 Posts
Do you have the queen cages out? Go ahead and check them out and get the queen cages out if you havent yet.The queen cages will get all messed up in the comb if you do not remove them.A sunny 60 deg day would be great so you will not chill the brood.You should have plenty of eggs and larve may be some sealed brood.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the queen cages were removed right on the 20th, and I have left them alone since I replaced the missing frames. It is going to be a nice sunny day today (finally).

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
At what temps are hive inspections OK??

Its 43F now with a high of 49F today and I'm biting at the bit to see how my queens are doing. High tomorrow of 43F!!! Jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz. Where's global warming when you need it??

·
Registered
764 Posts
I do not like pulling out frames just to take a look below 60F.you do not want to kill your brood.and i thought it was bad enough here Low 60s and showers today but 40s burrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
It is going to get above 70F next Saturday...... Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!!

69F on Tuesday, I'll inspect then........... patience is a virtue I lack. (amng others)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I kinda wish I had some of them temps.Ha,ha has been in the mid to high 80's lately,Real tough in a full bee suit,start out at 175 lbs end up around 165 lbs.
Anyway good luck and no stings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts