Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, lost my house and pretty sure my 60 hives. Family is all safe. This was the big one for Paradise,Calif. hope others faired better.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That happened to a friend of mine a few years ago when everything burned around L.A., bummer, but insurance made him well (more or less). no one hurt in his family either and that's the important part. You'll get new stuff.

Be well,
Bill

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Try to stay positive. Think of the phoenix. Rising from the ashes fresh and new again. Real shame about the bees. Sorry for the losses that can't be replaced.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Sorry for your losses, at least you and your family are okay.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, turns out my bee yard survived! Thank you lilljake for your offer! Now to build a new house!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of your house but happy your bee yard was not touched. Good luck on the house. The upside is that all of the things you didn't like about your old house can be corrected in your new one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
"Now to build a new house!"

That's terrible to loose all those physical witnesses to your memories; may you new home provide you with double the joy!

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
This fire has been all over the news in my country. So sorry for you and others affected Gazelle, hope you did have full insurance and will be able to put your life back together.

Been wondering about the affect on beekeepers, true nightmare scenario if any commercial beekeepers had bees in the area, with no time to get them out.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Long distance hug, Gazelle. I lost both my home and my business in the Thomas Fire last December. I'm still looking around for some better work. I'll never make it back on minimum wage jobs, so most of other peoples' "help" and suggestions are useless. Let me know if I can help - I'm in the mid-state area right now and would move up North despite Winter beginning. I don't know if you are a hobbyist, a sideliner, or going commercial with bees. If you are considering a business, let me know and I'd be happy to share my plan with you. I'm adept at most aspects of construction, automotive work, and of course, bee work :)

We're looking at a wet Winter in the mid-state area, and I wish I were ready for it. I love to have 1,000 hives ready to fill up with bees and a big, long flatbed with which to move them around.

PM me if you want to talk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts